How to Avoid Harmful Chemicals on Skin and Hair
If you’re like most women, you may use up to 12 personal care items on a daily basis. But did you know that your hair, face and body care products combined can contain over 100 unique ingredients? Doesn’t that seem like a lot of ingredients to be coating our bodies every day?
And most of us probably assume that the personal care items we use are completely safe. But, in the U.S. anyway, that may not necessarily be true.
What You Should Know
- According to the Environmental Working Group, in the United States, no health studies or pre-market testing are required for personal products like shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, sunscreen, lip balm, deodorant, etc.
- The EWG goes on to say, “Though some companies make [personal care] products that are safe to eat, others choose to use dangerous ingredients like coal tar and formaldehyde, both human carcinogens, and lead acetate, a developmental toxin.”
- Chemicals in personal care products have also been shown to disrupt our hormone systems, leading to weight gain, diabetes, fertility issues and more.
Why Coat Our Bodies in Harmful Chemicals?
This is why I couldn’t be more excited about the new Body Clean Set from Norwex. It offers five amazing products designed to get your skin and hair clean at a great discount—without harmful chemicals:
- The uber-soft Body Pack in graphite. Our trio of extra-soft Body Cloths is perfect for facial skin as well as all-over cleansing. They’re so gentle, especially when you get them very wet, but extremely effective for removing excess oils and daily grime. Wring them out just a bit, and they work well as a gentle exfoliating cloth too!
- The equally soft and super-absorbent Bath Towel in graphite. This will quickly become your favorite towel because of its lightweight and amazing absorbency. It just feels great. Plus it dries fast so it’s ready to use again whenever you are. Oh, and both the Body Pack and Bath Towel contain our BacLock® antibacterial agent, which inhibits bacterial odor, mold and/or mildew growth within the cloth.
- The double-sided Body Scrub Mitt (also with BacLock). Our soft and scrubby mitt rejuvenates your entire body, removing dead skin cells from hard-to-reach places to reveal a smooth, glowing, beautiful YOU.
- Our Lysere Daily Hair Shampoo for clean, soft, shiny hair with no harmful chemicals or harsh ingredients to worry about. Effective for all hair types, plant-derived ingredients like Guar Bean and Pro-Vitamin B5 soften and clean, while a blend of essentials oils provides a fresh scent.
- Lysere Daily Hair Conditioner also with Pro-Vitamin B5 as well as Meadowfoam Oil and Sunflower Seed Oil to help soften and condition your hair. Sugar Maple Extract helps smooth hair cuticles, and Bilberry Extract adds a healthy sheen. You’ll love it!
If you want to improve your quality of life by radically reducing chemicals throughout your entire home, Norwex is here for you. From our Safe Haven 5 Set (with your choice of laundry detergent) to our Breathe Clean Set and other popular collections, our high-quality products help replace harmful chemicals from typical cleaning and personal care products. The result? You save both time and money and gain peace of mind knowing you’re doing what’s best for your family.
What is Body Burden?
Body Burden, or toxic load, is the buildup of harmful chemicals in our bodies that starts before we are even born. Scientists estimate that at any given moment there could be hundreds of individual toxins in the average adult body. Some of them quickly come and go, while others can hang out in our cells, tissues, blood, bones, and organs for decades. Body Burden has also been linked with a variety of illnesses and conditions.